- Certified Nurse Assistant
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Cna Nurse Aide
The CNA is a member of the community nursing team whose responsibility is to assist professional nursing personnel by delivering direct hands-on nursing care to ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents on a daily basis. The CNA is also responsible for assisting the residents to achieve the highest level of functioning while living as normal a lifestyle as possible.
- Attendance: as assigned by supervisor that may include working any day of the week, any shift of the day, and any day of the year.
- Protects and promotes residents' rights as outlined in federal and state law with residents, family, and others at all times.
- Adheres to facility infection control standards including proper use of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Is able to recognize abnormal changes in resident bodily functions and report accurately such changes to charge nurse.
- Is able to follow written instructions at all times and is able to respond appropriately to oral instructions under emergency circumstances when other communication methods are not possible.
- Demonstrates competence in the use of proper lifting and transferring techniques for residents according to each individual care plan.
- Demonstrates competence in all areas of residents’ care for according to each individual care plan.